Reporting directly to the CEO, the Executive Assistant is responsible for providing executive & administrative support to the CEO, as well as other members of our executive team. The Executive Assistant will act as the right hand to the CEO, managing and prioritizing a constantly shifting, complex calendar of conferences and appointments, requiring communication with internal and external executives, departments and teams.
The Executive Assistant is expected to develop a strong sense of ownership over projects and responsibilities, and act as a liaison between the CEO and various internal and external personnel. The ideal candidate will possess high-level calendar management skills, excellent attention to detail, and the ability to handle sensitive and confidential information.
More specific responsibilities include:
• Strategically coordinate all administrative activities for the CEO and other executives, including scheduling and correspondence.
• Plan and manage meetings and attendees, including pre-meeting materials and briefing information, logistics, and meeting follow-ups.
• Manage travel and meeting arrangements by organizing logistics and liaising with key stakeholders and travel resources to confirm schedules and/or itineraries.
• Handle telephone contact will all levels of internal and external executives, management staff, and outside clients / vendors.
• Provide expense support including reconciling invoices and completing expense reports.
• Manage incoming requests to the CEO by prioritizing, researching and responding to or delegating responses as appropriate.
• Identify, prepare and compile necessary materials to ensure that the CEO has appropriate information for meetings, reports, presentations, events, and special projects
• 5+ years of prior administrative experience supporting c-level executives.
• Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
• Strong interpersonal skills & the ability to handle sensitive and confidential situations.
• Proven ability to thrive in a fast paced environment and demonstrate ability to juggle multiple competing tasks, deadlines, personalities, long and short term projects, etc.
• Must be able to interact and communicate with individuals at all levels of the organization including senior executives, board members, etc.
• Extreme attention to detail in composing, typing and proofing materials, establishing priorities and meeting deadlines.
• Proficiency with G-Suite products.
** This role will require occasional weekend support as needed.
• Relevant work experience in a startup environment with a media and/or technology based company preferred, or company with similar pace and structure.
• Comprehensive health and dental insurance for employees and their families
• Life insurance
• 401k with match, eligible for match after one year
• Pre-tax flexible compensation plan for medical, transit, parking or dependent care expenses
• PTO & Sick days—if you’re sick, you stay home
• Work-from-home Fridays
• A kitchen stocked with sodas, snacks, yogurt and other goodies
• A tight-knit startup community who likes to eat! We celebrate everyone’s birthdays, have frequent team lunches, and do events in and out of the office
• 605 is an active participant in conferences